Saturday 22 March 2014

My March TVK Box


When my husband told me that my TVK Box had arrived and was waiting at home for me to open, I couldn't wait to get back from work. Receiving this surprise box of goodies each month is fantastic, you never know what you're going to get but one thing is guaranteed, the contents will be awesome!

Every item of this month's box was perfect for me. My favourite products were the washing up liquid - I've never seen this brand - and the harissa spice mix. I love adding harissa to burgers and hotpots it adds a great kick to the meal.


Greenfrog natural washing up liquid is ecological, environmentally-friendly and made from 100% biodegradable plants and minerals and, as you would expect, completely natural, not tested on animals, phosphate, paraben and SLS free. Infused with essential oils of lemon and neroli which are naturally anti-bacterial, this washing up liquid smells very fresh and it washes the dishes beautifully.


On The Pulse Hot Chicks Spicy Roasted Chickpeas are deliciously spicy and they didn't attempt to break my teeth like the roasted chickpeas I tried to make last year. There are three yummy flavours to choose from - Jamaican Jerk, Mexican Chipotle Chilli and Moroccan Ras El Hanout.


The Pulsin Almond Raisin Raw Choc Brownie speaks for itself! What a fantastic brand name, I'm loving it! This guilt-free heavenly chocolate treat is packed full of divine chocolatey goodness and tastes wonderful!


Flavourmagic not only produce this delicious spice blend above but also salt infusions which I must try! Flavourmagic's Harissa blend is spicy with quite a bit of heat though I didn't detect the mint, reminder to self - use less of the spice next time! The Moroccan Chick Pea Burgers I made were delicious and perfect for my hubby who likes a lot of heat but just a little too hot for me.



The final product in the box was a packet of four raw coconut cookies from Saf.
"SAF stands for Simply Authentic Food. We focus on well-being of body and mind, and our motto is: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates. SAF also means pure in Turkish, and we serve pure, honest, straightforward food with fine dining quality. Our aim is to deliver wholesome functional food in an enjoyable way. We take pleasure in offering healthy, curative, nutritious plant-based food & drinks to our customers with style and elegance. SAF provides a well balanced vegan diet enriched with added raw food dishes, healthy energizing juices, teas and enjoyable organic wines. Every produce at SAF is home-made with the finest ingredients."
I wasn't expecting them to be crispy though! Make sure your teeth are in good nick before taking a bite into one of these! That said, they are very moreish and lush!

Also included in the box was another recipe card, this time for Lentil Burger with Sweet Potato Harissa Fries. I will have to adapt the recipe to make it gluten free but that will be easy.

Please join me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter and you can subscribe by email (top right) to be notified of all new posts here.