Wednesday 6 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016

 View from Toronto Central Island and the CN Tower

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I don't see the point in them any more and why make resolutions to begin on the 1st of a new year. Why not today or tomorrow? In the past when I've made New Year's resolutions, I've never managed to stick to them for long and I've realised that, to some extent, they can actually cause some stress and anxiety and that's no way to start the New Year! However, I do try to set some goals but I don't set firm rules since I know they won't always work out.

Willpower is the main thing standing in the way of most New Year's resolutions so if you decide to make resolutions I guess you should try to be realistic and plan well. Don't make your life miserable! Give yourself some breathing space especially if you're aiming to change your diet or lose weight.

So what are my plans for the 2016. My top priority is to be fit and healthy again. Still recovering from breaking my hip in August last year, I'm not able to start physiotherapy until I am given the go ahead. I have to wait until I've received confirmation that it is continuing to heal properly. Hopefully this will happen at the beginning of February. So roll on February...

Secondly, I need to find a job! I was made redundant last year and my accident has quashed all efforts I'd made to seek new work in 2015 so I'm hoping that something good will come along once I'm well again.

Thirdly, I'm going to start posting recipes to the blog again. I've not cooked anything in the past few months and I miss being able to create new recipes. Actually, I even miss cleaning and doing all the household chores.

My lovely, supportive friend Shirley of Gluten Free Easily has suggested I might like to consider making a Vision Board. Have you ever made one? A vision board focuses on how you want to feel rather than just on the material things you would like in your life and apparently they can work! There's a good article about making a vision board here if you're interested in discovering how and why they can work for you. I'm definitely going ahead with this, I know it will help me to focus on what is important for my life this coming year.

The picture at the top of the post has been taken from Toronto's Centre Island. I can't wait to revisit my family in Canada and I'm visualising that it will happen in 2016!

Good luck to all of you in 2016, I hope you have a very happy and healthy New Year!